Do you know the only thing worse than not having backups of your online business? Having backups that don’t work.
How to Test Your Website Backups:
1. Download your website’s backup files and store them in a secure location.
2. Use a backup testing tool to validate the integrity of the backup files.
3. Compare the backup files against the live website.
4. Check that the files you have backed up are identical to the ones on your live website.
5. Test the restoration process by restoring the backup to a test environment.
6. Make sure the restored website is identical to the live website.
7. If needed, test the restored website with different browsers and devices to ensure compatibility.
Why Test Your Website Backups?
1. To ensure that the backups are accurate and up to date.
2. To make sure that you can restore the website to its original state.
3. To check that the backups are compatible with the current web technologies.
4. To ensure that the restoration process is successful and that the restored website looks and functions as expected.
5. To identify any potential issues before they become problems.
6. To keep your website secure and protected against data loss.
By testing your website backups regularly, you can ensure that your website is safe, secure and always available to your users. Having a tested backup strategy in place is essential for any business and can save you time, money, and potential headaches in the future.