Make the most of your bio on Instagram.
You need to optimize your Instagram bio, so stopping by every few months to make sure it looks great is a start.
Your bio has a 150-character maximum so be direct and tell your audience exactly who you are.
A few tips for writing your bio:
- Explain your business and what you do. Want to stand out for a particular skill or niche? Mention it!
- Add clickable links and hashtags. Add a link to another profile with an “@” or use “#” to include your branded hashtag.
- Appeal to your ideal audience. Your bio isn’t just about you – it’s also about your audience! Let them know they’re in the right place.
- Include a call to action. What is your conversion goal on Instagram, and what do you want your visitors to do next? If you’re a restaurant, it could mean booking a reservation or if you’re a blogger, it could mean simply asking them to follow you.
- Include contact information. Where can visitors get hold of you?
Like your website, your Instagram bio offers another great opportunity to market yourself and connect with your audience.