Unlike Buffer (which automatically posts to your social profiles), IFTTT allows you to react to posts on Facebook automatically so that you can trigger a reaction.
If you’re looking to streamline your online experience, adding Facebook to IFTTT (If This Then That) can be a great way to do it. IFTTT is a free web-based service that allows users to create chains of simple conditional statements, called “applets”. By connecting your Facebook account with IFTTT, you can automate various tasks, including updating your status, posting to your wall, and more. In this blog tutorial, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for how to add Facebook to IFTTT and discuss some of the potential benefits.
How to Add Facebook to IFTTT
1. Create an IFTTT account. If you don’t already have one, go to the IFTTT website and click the Sign Up button.
2. Log in to your IFTTT account.
3. On the left-hand side of your IFTTT dashboard, click the My Services tab.
4. On the My Services page, search for Facebook in the search bar.
5. Click on the Facebook icon.
6. On the Connect page, enter your Facebook username and password, then click Log In.
7. Once you’re logged in, click Allow to give IFTTT permission to access your Facebook account.
Benefits of Adding Facebook to IFTTT
Once you’ve added Facebook to IFTTT, you can create applets that automate various tasks. For example, you can create an applet that posts your new Youtube videos to your Facebook page automatically. You can also create an applet that sends you a notification whenever someone tags you in a post. Additionally, you can create applets that allow you to back up your Facebook data, such as photos, videos, and posts.
Adding Facebook to IFTTT can also help you stay organized and save time. You can create applets that automatically add events to your calendar, or send a text message when you receive a Facebook message. You can also create applets to turn off notifications when you’re busy, or turn them on when you’re available.
Overall, adding Facebook to IFTTT can be a great way to streamline your online experience. By automating various tasks, you can save time and stay organized.